Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Human Nature, or does it make us a little LESS human?





There were a couple issues for me and possibly others  that have come up since the horrible act of barbarism against the journalists at "Charlie" and the Jewish people at the Kosher market.     I, for one, did not know anything about Charlie magazine before this occurence.   Even though I don't think there is EVER an excuse to kill or terrorize anyone, I wanted to see what the issue was with this magazine.  So to educate myself I started looking around and unfortunately found the two disrespectful covers on Michael.  The magazine seems to be a rag in my opinion, poking fun at anyone and everyone many times in a cruel way, like with Michael.  Not really something I would ever read or support, to be honest.  However, there is freedom of speech and though I may not agree with what is being said, I will fight to defend it.


There are also those who attacked the Jews and the Jewish people after the attack on them.  That is so cruel.  The journalists and the Jewish people (again labeling, smh) are humans. In the words of Michael, since everything seems to come back to him, from the song,

"Can You Feel It?", 

'Spread the word and try to teach the man
Who's hating his brother
When hate won't do, ooh
'Cause we're all the same, yes
The blood inside of me is inside of you'



Too many people forget,  "the blood inside of me is inside of you",

This incident is reminiscent of the time when Joan Rivers and Robin Williams, passed.  I was not a fan of either one of them.  Not just because of their mean-spirited comments about Michael but their kind of comedy was not my thing.  I don't think there is ever a reason to kick someone when they are down or possibly have made the wrong choices in their life, even if it is something as simple as the clothes they chose to wear.  And definitely not if that is my line of work.  I don't want to have to earn money being mean to people. Bottom line is, I still felt very sad when both of them died.  Neither one of them deserved to die in the manner in which they did.

About a year or more ago, I was in the bookstore, as usual, ;) and I found a book to give to a student who assisted me in the library for graduation.  It was about kindness.  This student was the kindest young man I have ever come across.  The book was perfect for him and it was about living your life, including in your career with KINDNESS.   I think that is something we all forget quite often.  We as fans of the King of Kindness, Michael, should try hard to continue his legacy and live our lives in kindness.

Peace












3 comments:

  1. Beautiful your blog Jody <3 And yes, we should try hard to live our lives in kindness as Michael did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even start to explain how much i love this article of yours, jody and how much I agree with all you have said in it. All I can do is just to join silently ranks of those who stay for freedoms human race has been fighting for ages...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody, I've come across your name on Facebook but had never, that I recall, been to your blog until traveling here to read about the loving Valentine's Day hearts and roses. Scrolling down, I came to this post about freedom of speech. I recently posted a Facebook Note on that topic which, as with all my writing, turned out to have relevancy to Michael. Perhaps you might enjoy reading it. In His L.O.V.E.

    https://www.facebook.com/notes/915501671828042/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of each other and Michael when you comment. Your comments are welcome and appreciated. Any rude comments will be deleted.